5.07.2005

On the DL...

So I don't want to offend anyone, but I've got this on my mind. It has come to my attention that some people are not as they seem. Some people, apparently, will take on the traits of the current new cutting edge cool thing that all the cool people are doing. Clearly this is completely subjective, as everyone has a different idea of coolness, but I think what it means is that there are some vegans out there who, really are only vegan because it seemed like the cool choice for them to make at the time. The decision that would mean that they could fit in with all the cool kids around them. "Hey, yeah, I'm a vegan too, man. Rock on." (I'm neither confirming or denying that I know any vegans who talk like this.) Or, if the current trend is to emulate the Japanese, well, heck, let's just milk that for all it's worth. "Yeah, we should totally all get the same tattoo!" Maybe there are some punk kids to whom this applies as well, I don't know. Hmmm... I happen to think that the entire goth movement is a byproduct of this , and all I have to say is, let that be a warning to you, alright?

No comments: